SAVE THE FEET & KEEP WALKING CAMPAIGN 2022…
11 TIPS FOR FOOT CARE for DIABETES PATIENTS :-
If you’re managing diabetes, you may encounter problems with your feet and legs, two common complications of the disease. Diabetes puts you at higher risk for calluses, corns, bunions, blisters, and ulcers — and high blood sugar means these minor injuries and alterations may become gateways to potentially disabling infections.
First, know that high blood sugar levels damage nerves.These damaged nerves may lead to diabetic neuropathy, a condition in which you lose feeling in your feet or your hands.After all, if you can’t feel your feet, you won’t be able to notice cuts, sores, or pain. And if you can’t feel these irritations and wounds, they may lead to infection, and untreated infections can lead to gangrene, which in turn can require amputation.
Neuropathy is the cause of the dry skin experienced by many of those with diabetes. In addition, diabetes also causes the blood vessels to shrink and harden, which can make it hard for your feet to fight infection.
To Prevent Your Feet injury Follow these simple steps…
– Inspect Your Feet Every Day for Cracks, Wounds, and Sores.
– Don’t Use Your Feet to Test Hot Water.
– Support Your Feet With Diabetes-Friendly Footwear and Socks.
– Don’t Go Barefoot, Whether You’re Inside or Outside.
– Keep Your Feet Dry to Reduce the Risk of Infection.
– See a Podiatrist Regularly to Treat Foot Problems.
– Stabilize and Relieve Feet With Orthotic Shoes.
– Go Easy on Your Feet With Low-Impact Exercises.
– Quit Smoking to Improve Circulation in Your Feet.
– Control Your Blood Sugar to Help Avoid Diabetic Neuropathy.
– Check in With Your Care Team for More Help.
For more Details or to Book your Appointment kindly call or WhatsApp us on our dedicated patient care number @ 8093008191.
#drbjagadish #masterdoctor #DiabetesClinic #Telemedicine #onlineconsultation #Diabetologist #Odisha #health #awareness