THOUGHTFUL THURSDAY – Top 10 Diabetes Friendly foods you need in your Diet
Hi everyone, it’s Dr. B Jagadish here, your diabetes wellbeing coach.
Today, we are continuing our diabetes patient education program with a topic that I get asked about a lot – top 10 diabetes friendly foods that you need in your diet.
As we all know, diet plays a crucial role in managing diabetes. It’s important to include a variety of healthy foods in your diet to help control your blood sugar levels and maintain a healthy weight.
So, without further ado, let’s get started on the top 10 diabetes friendly foods that you need in your diet.
– Leafy greens – These are packed with nutrients and low in calories and carbs. Some examples include spinach, kale, and broccoli.
– Whole grains – Choose whole grains over refined grains as they are high in fiber and help keep you feeling full and satisfied. Examples include whole wheat, quinoa, and oats.
– Lean proteins – Choose lean proteins like chicken, fish, and tofu to help keep your blood sugar levels stable.
– Nuts and seeds – These are a great source of healthy fats and protein. Some examples include almonds, chia seeds, and flaxseeds.
– Fruits – Fruits are a great source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Choose fresh or frozen fruit over canned fruit, which often has added sugar.
– Legumes – Legumes like beans, lentils, and chickpeas are high in protein and fiber, which can help keep your blood sugar levels stable.
– Low-fat dairy – Choose low-fat dairy products like milk, yogurt, and cheese to get your daily dose of calcium and protein.
– Avocado – Avocado is a great source of healthy fats and can be a great addition to salads or sandwiches.
– Dark chocolate – Yes, you read that right! Dark chocolate is high in antioxidants and can be enjoyed in moderation as part of a healthy diet. Just be sure to choose a brand that is at least 70% cocoa.
– Spices – Spices like turmeric, cinnamon, and cumin can help reduce inflammation and improve blood sugar control.
That’s it for our top 10 diabetes friendly foods. Remember, it’s important to include a variety of healthy foods in your diet and to speak with a healthcare professional for personalized nutrition recommendations.
Thank you for joining me today. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below and I’ll do my best to answer them. Take care and have a great day.
Topic -Top 10 Diabetes Friendly Foods you can include in your Diet.
– Leafy Greens ( Spinach, Broccoli, Kale)
– Whole Grains ( Quinoa, Oats, Jowar, Millets)
– Nuts & Seeds ( Almonds, China seeds, Flax seeds)
– Lean Protein ( Fish, Chicken, Egg White)
– Fruits ( Avocado, Guava, Apple, Strawberry)
– Legumes ( Beans, Lentils, Chicpea)
– Spices ( Cinnamon, Turmeric, Cumin)
– Low Fat Diary ( Milk, Yogurt, Cheese)
– Dark Chocolate ( 70% Cocoa, High in Antioxidants)
For more Details Follow us 👇
#drbjagadish #masterdoctor #diabetesreversal