WELLNESS WEDNESDAY – Top 10 Root Causes of Insulin Resistance
Hi everyone, welcome to our blog as a part of our Diabetes Reversal Coaching Program. My name is Dr. B Jagadish, and I’m a Diabetes Wellbeing Coach.
Today, we’re going to be discussing the 10 root causes of insulin resistance. This is an important topic for anyone looking to improve their insulin sensitivity and manage their blood sugar levels.
Before we get started, it’s important to understand what insulin resistance is. Simply put, it’s when your body becomes resistant to the effects of insulin, a hormone that helps regulate your blood sugar levels. When your body is resistant to insulin, it can lead to high blood sugar levels, which can increase your risk for diabetes and other health problems.
Now, let’s get into the 10 root causes of insulin resistance.
1. Lack of physical activity: Being inactive can lead to insulin resistance, as regular exercise helps improve insulin sensitivity.
2. Poor diet: A diet high in refined carbs and sugars can contribute to insulin resistance.
3. Stress: Chronic stress can increase your risk for insulin resistance, as it can affect your body’s ability to regulate blood sugar levels.
4. Sleep deprivation: Not getting enough sleep can impact insulin sensitivity.
5. Hormonal imbalances: Certain hormones, such as cortisol and estrogen, can affect insulin sensitivity.
6. Genetic factors: Some people are more prone to insulin resistance due to their genetics.
7. Certain medications: Some medications, such as steroids and antipsychotics, can increase your risk for insulin resistance.
8. Age: As we age, our bodies become less sensitive to insulin.
9. Environmental toxins: Exposure to certain toxins, such as pesticides and air pollution, can contribute to insulin resistance.
10. Inflammation: Chronic inflammation in the body can lead to insulin resistance.
So there you have it, the 10 root causes of insulin resistance. By addressing these root causes and making lifestyle changes, you can improve your insulin sensitivity and better manage your blood sugar levels.
Thanks for taking your time to read this article till the end. If you have any questions or would like more information on insulin resistance and how to manage it, feel free to leave a comment or send me a message.
Take care and have a great day!
For more Details follow us on our social media pages below 👇
#drbjagadish #masterdoctor #diabetesreversal
#diet #Sleep #Hormonalimbalance #PhysicalActivity #stress #Ageing